Sunday, October 30, 2011

A monsoon formed and as the floods washed away, a tiny green leaf reached out from below the wet soil.


I will become stronger in time and carve a path in life that will give these boys a deeper understanding of the world, who they are and where they are from while showing them every opportunity I can to live a life worth fighting for each and every day.

Michael and I have faced challenges since the day we met, hard one's and we have had to make sacrifices, difficult decisions and we have had to get up after every fall, every knock out, brush ourselves off and become the person we are continuously transitioning into.

We have had people cry for us during this trip, fear the unknown and please know that no matter where this path takes you, you are here because you were given a chance to climb a mountain and accomplish a task that would change your lives forever.

I still have to brush myself off but when I do, I will be a new woman, a woman my boys will be able to count on and one who will be there in the moment.

For those who are working through the process, don't be afraid to reach out, ask questions and know I am always here, reachable one way or another to lend an ear, give a moment of reassurance. A friend is always there. You are never alone. I have met, been given the chance to strengthen great friendships with those who I may never meet but through conversations, through the simplicity of "I'm here for you," I am here for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! A lot has happened since I read last! Since getting home I've been busy and adjusting to life as a mommy and I have been son bad about keeping up.... Anyway, your new son is adorable, congratulations! You're almost home.... Hugs

P.S. The Drs at the Universoty of Wa... Rock$ love Dr Davies!