Saturday, October 29, 2011

This Song Has Followed Me and Stuck with Me and Now More Than Ever

I first heard this song in Kenosha while heading to close friends' wedding weekend. It has stuck with me ever since. From being Montreal Canadien's theme song (not sure why lol) to now when I feel like I need it more than ever.

Lights will guide me home and that is exactly what I am hoping for. I am in a downer point, have ups and downs from all of this and tonight I am mostly wanting to be teary but holding it together. I suppose it is due to feeling a bit lonely here without my family, my husband and realizing this is all coming to a close and I will be returning home in 3 days. It is a huge door to close while awaiting to walk through the next door open. I am hoping these lights will guide be home. I know things will not be perfect. I foresee laughter and I predict tears before this is all over and done with.

My husband and I have said with everything this year 2011 has brought to us, New Years could not mean more to us and we hope to just lay low for the next 8 weeks, sitting quietly at home with our new family, in the comforts of our home and reflect on just what we have accomplished this year through the many sacrifices it took to get where we are. There have been moments in our life where we feel we have been tested to our brink but I will say it is this experience, the experience that led us to our son who seems like the happiest kid I have seen in a long time. Smiles endlessly. I suppose he was the boy to "Fix us".

"When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth" - Cold Play's "Fix You"

2 comments:

Sabrina and Giorgio said...

What a great song and I couldn't agree more with what you said. In the midst of all the sorrow and pain for what you've lost, you got what you need! Love you!

adidas nmd said...

louboutin shoes
chrome hearts online
ultra boost
yeezy shoes
air max 90
kobe sneakers
adidas yeezy boost
lacoste online shop
nike huarache
adidas nmd