Monday, October 17, 2011

2 Full Weeks To Go

Today we said goodbye to the family we arrived with just a little over 3 weeks ago. It was nice reading their blog posts and talking about the things they cannot wait to get back home too.

I am a bit tired today. I guess letting down a lot. Alexei keeps waking up early and Michael hasn't stopped stressing about work since we arrived here, which makes things difficult. It was supposed to be our vacation, well it seems like the last time we had a family vacation was over a year ago so I was really hoping for some good family time. Each time I turn around, either Michael is so tired he is laying on a bed or having to make a meeting or stressing about what is happening at work and everything he has to do once he gets back.

No doubt, that although we have our family of four soon, this trip not only sent us into an emotional frenzy but has tired us out and put a lot of things in our lives at a stress point back home. We will work through it like we did this time. I am hoping that our next vacation in March 2012 will be less stressful and a little bit more family time. It is funny how even in a small hotel, we can keep so busy we are not all together. And two boys also who are keeping us busy means either we are separating to take one to play and the other to nap.

I keep thinking maybe when we get home we will have a chance to talk LOL.

There is a bit of sadness as I know Michael and Alexei leave in 5 days. It seems like forever ago when my sister was here and then it will be me and Ewan for 4 days and if we are lucky enough, Juliya will come in to help us fly home. I think by then I will so need a little respite before arriving home to our 2 dogs, cats and 2 wild boys.

I will be thankful though to get back into our routine and work things out having 2 children. I am not ready to let go of the girls clothes though yet and all of the items we have. I need to pack those up. There was a question today about girls clothes and I didn't realize how emotional it was going to make me feel inside. I am glad we have our family now but both Michael and I have a lot to get through from what has occurred in the past month emotionally and physically. It will take time I guess. Just when I think I am on an upper and going, I suddenly get jolted back to what happened. I think healing may be able to start once I am home and able to deal with reality.

It is no doubt that although I can travel the world and love to be all over, this is a very long trip and after the couple left we came with, I am realizing how lonely it is feeling having to be away from my own family and life back home. I do miss my dogs and I am starting to really miss my bed and my daily comforting Starbucks.

Oh well, just gotta keep going strong and hope I can continue this strength until I get home when I may want to collapse.