Thursday, October 6, 2011

Autumn in Vladivostok

The Autumn colors are incredible as we walk around the hotel while leaves fall upon us. Reddish, goldish and brown leaves hang over the walkways. Quite a sight. I have only been in Vladivostok during Spring 2x and Summer.

It is not as cold though as it is at home so far. I know I see people walking around dressed very warmly but as I walked around today I found it warm and had my flip flops on. I think people thought I was crazy. Having said this, the cooler temperatures can change over night.

Alexei enjoyed cheese like puffs shared by our coordinator's daughter who he is oddly shy around for being a girl. Lately he takes off after the girls. We had a quiet tea and lunch today after following my sister's departure. Michael and I tried to work a bit while Alexei played with a funny Russian boy who thought Alexei was very quite humorous. Then he said "paka paka" and left with his mother.

The airforce planes have been going over all day long since early this morning. They are a sight to see as they fly over head. It is now sunset and I am watching Handy Manny with Alexei, my choice of course since I would probably have to watch Spider Man or Sponge Bob, which has been going non stop recently. Sponge Bob in Russian though is pretty darn cool.

I sit here enjoying a cup of tea and think about how I might be here for another 28 days. It is a long time to be away from home and I will be missing my Halloween celebrations. I hope Alexei has some serious fun during Halloween. Cannot wait to see pictures. Michael is going to take him to his work party as well.

As I watched the two boys play today I realized how great it will be for Alexei to not only have a sibling but a brother.

Last night was super difficult, lots of tears and frustrations over our loss of what was to be our little girl. I suppose there will be some sadness here and there for a while longer. I am not looking forward yet to heading home to see the beautiful girls' room we all created or all of the clothes we have had for her.

Tomorrow we visit the new little boy we have been spending a great deal of time with. He adores my husband Michael. Pulls at his hair, hugs him and laughs hysterically. The boy can be clown yet very smart about getting what he wants. Super stubborn, hehe. Brown hair, brown eyes, olive skin, lots of smiles and seems to love to play cat and mouse by running and looking back to see if we are following.

2 comments:

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

Hunter -- i can only imagine how hard the loss and truly admire your energy and resilience to face a different future than you were planning -- i know that there are plans for you and your men to prosper.. and that you will have a fantastic four life together... and who knows.. maybe you'll find a way to add #3 and then the lil gal who is meant to be in your home will find her way -- same as the boys did find their way???
28 days? you mean you could maybe stay and complete the adoption in 1 trip?? i sure hope so!

adidas nmd said...

adidas superstar UK
kobe bryant shoes
michael kors purses
links of london
skechers outlet
longchamp outlet
nike air max 90
hogan outlet online
cheap jordans
nike air huarache