Sunday, October 16, 2011

Funny Times in Vladivostok

Despite the emotional roller coaster, we have had some funny times and regretfully we are still trying to remember all of them as it has been trying obviously.

1) Alexei's dancing to "I'm Sexy and I Know It....I Work Out" by LMFAO. Hilarious and he thinks he knows all of the words.

2) Nervous driving to court, we are driving with Dimitriy and he has his music playing, which is always good and will pump us up for anything and Alexei starts singing with one of the songs, "I want to make you sweat..." And Michael and I are like, "oh man, c'mon, really?" as Alexei turns to us and asks, "I love this song, I want to make you sweat, who sings it?" Talk about breaking the ice.

3) First day in Vladivostok coming from airport, we have to stop so Anya can go and talk to a man. She leaves us in the car in Artyem and I am reading a book to Alexei. A man pulls up next to us and walks up to the car and knocks on the window and we are nervous, just being in town thinking, who is this? what does he want? let's ignore him. So Michael waves him away. This man lurks around Anya's car for like 40 minutes. Who was he? LOL, poor Anya's Papa who she called to look after us and here we are thinking he is some crazy guy. So sorry Anya's Papa. LOL.

4) I ordered room service and asked for a double Americano. I received 2 separate shots of espresso and water. I order the next time, 2 shots of espresso in an Americano and I receive 2 Americanos. LOL. I need to figure out how to order this because if I ask for an Americano, I get plain coffee.

5) My sister Lauren, poor thing attracted Security every time she went to the park and swings. No matter what security would come out, either do pull ups in front of her, laugh or closely watch her. We have know idea why. But the other day as Lauren has been gone for 1.5 weeks, the same security guard, walked past me, smiled, then looked back and smiled even wider. Lauren, I have no idea why this man was so interested in everything you did. You must have done something to peak his interest, lol.

6) The same group of older residents play tennis here. Same one's even from 2 years ago. We recognize most of them. This is not a funny one but I will just say when I am 60 something, I can only hope to have the 6 pack this lady has when she has half tank on flying the tennis ball back at the men on the other side who are not as fit as she is. I give them all credit though to be able to play out their when it is 40 degrees.

As much as I try hard, I can't think of the rest and honestly, I am missing the actual funny one's.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Sounds like you all made some amazing memories in Vlad! You will have to share a video on Alexei's dancing sometime. He sounds like so much fun! You are going to have a great time being a Momma to two great boys!

adidas nmd said...

longchamp
nike zoom
cheap jordans
adidas neo online shop
longchamp handbags
kobe 11
michael kors outlet online
michael kors handbags
クロムハーツ
james harden shoes