Tuesday, October 25, 2011

7.5 hours of Paperwork, a baby and back to the hotel for Grape Fanta

I am not a huge a soda drinker. I usually only drink it when I am in desperate need of a coke or out of town on travel or desperate for herbal tea. Having said this, I cannot get enough of this Fanta Grape here in Russia. Maybe it is the lack of high fructose corn syrup we all live on back in America, but it is darn tasty.

7.5 hours of Paperwork and Ewan sat in his carrier against my chest for 7 hours of the day. What a patient boy! Holy moly. I am not used to this. I have Alexei, he never used it, wouldn't even consider it for a moment, well until Ewan sat in it. Imagine a 3 year old going around the hotel thinking it is a ride.

I have found that both boys take after personality traits of both Michael and myself.

Alexei: Well, since the moment I met him, it was like magic, truly, I just knew. I was not much of a child person until I met Alexei. It was in his eyes, I knew something just connected with us as if I understood him in some way. Since then, he has pretty much taken after me. Unable to take naps, hyper active or shall we say high energy and loves the late nights, would drink straight up espresso if I allowed him (he has stolen a few times shall we say) and enjoys pretty much all film and music I like. With Alexei even if he is wanting to throw a tantrum, go nuts or sit nicely on a 12 hour plane ride as we talked pretty much the entire time or read books, we just connect.
I think even the judge looked at me funny when she asked what we do when he throws a tantrum and I had to answer and I said, "Talk to him." Simply often talking to him or as I also mentioned, "Tell me when you are done." (He is too stubborn, he stops right away with a Phmmph hehe).

I worked with children for 8 years, specialized in behavior and well, Alexei is my true test on all heights and I find him such an incredibly high functioning, challenging, creative 3 year old.

Ewan: This 22 month old little boy I have spent a while with reminds me of my husband. In fact, although obviously we connect with both boys on some level, I saw my husband with this huge smile when he met him, unlike what I have seen for a long time. He was so over joyed and he also took care of him for the first week. Yup, that's right, everything pretty much. I suppose this time alone is good for me to get ready to be able to take care of Ewan since I will have both boys daily in our chaotic, fun house. Ewan is quiet at times, talks when he needs too, loves to be tickled, laughs a lot and loves his sleep.

Parents are telling me this time is great for me to bond with Ewan and I whole heartedly agree, however I am also someone who works better in the fast lane. I'm from Southern Cali, put on your flip flops and multi-task. God, I miss mexican food. Okay, deriving. Anyways, Ewan sleeps so far 12 hours a night and 2 hour naps, lol. Whew, that does give me time, time to go stir crazy!!! LOL, although I have not slept for ages, obviously neither does Alexei. I have just heard Alexei has gone for 30 hours now on 3 hours of sleep. Is that 30 or more? Yikes, well I just spoke to the boys at midnight, there time and they arrived at noon and since I am not home, Alexei is driving Michael crazy. He broke a glass, won't go to bed and here Michael hasn't slept at all and has to work in the morning. Alexei and I just have a bond and I feel like our magnetic hold is broken for the moment. I so wanted, needed to be with him when I took him from Russia for the second time.

There are so many deeper things going on beyond just what is on the surface. Bringing Alexei back here was so incredible and I wish it wasn't on such a turmoil basis but none the less it was a special time for him.

I am slowly bouncing back, my eyes a bit burny but I have met more parents, usually the first to tell me the 3 weeks is too long hehe, TELL ME ABOUT IT, no I mean really, I can totally relate and feel your hardship now as I turn into the 5 week range. I will vent with you and listen as I totally understand.

For example, my dog gets picked up in 2 days, over 5 weeks in the kennel! Ahhhh. For the record, yes dogs do get depressed and they do know it has been a long time so I am hoping he is all good and has not forgotten too much. My other dog usually will stop eating and get sad but he was more spoiled then ever this time around. Ahh, to hug them both.

I sit here watching Mickey's Christmas in the background. I am getting in the holiday spirit. I miss Halloween at home so on for the festivities of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Boys better get ready because Mama is coming home with a holiday energy and that means make way for the storage boxes coming out.

Get your rest while you can ;)

The day we get back we take Alexei to see Buzz and Woody on ICE. I think it is holiday related too. Hehe.

4 comments:

Kris said...

I can't even begin to imagine the emotional rollercoaster you are on on a daily basis!! My heart goes out to you, but I am so happy the major stuff is over in Russia and you are on the downhill ride to home. My heart breaks thinking of how much it must hurt to be away from Alexei, I remember that feeling so well leaving Alek. It is a nauseating feeling. I am so sorry to hear he isn't sleeping, I hope he gets back on track soon.
Ewan is soooo gorgeous, I can totally see these two guys teaming up for some trouble!! I look forward to hearing about all the antics that will take place in your house! Hang in there and hope the rest of the days fly by!!

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Xavier i Pilar said...

Hello guys !! Greetings from Barcelona (Spain)
First of all, sorry for my poor English...
We've just joined to your blog as a followers!!
This message is only to present ourselves. For sure we will contact you again.
We will be honored to receive your visit to our blog (adoptioninrussia.blogspot.com) that we've just started. See u soon!!
By the way, CONGRATULATIONS for your precious child !! what a lovely eyes he has !!

adidas nmd said...

nike dunks
lacoste
yeezys
longchamp
kobe bryant shoes
adidas tubular x
nike air zoom
real jordans
timberland online shop
michael kors handbags