Friday, May 15, 2009

In Korea Now

Well, there is so much information, which could be put into our blog, however to keep it some what brief right now until everything is final, I have to say our time in Russia was simply busy, wonderful, a cultural experience, and an unforgettable experience.
It has been such a long day and I should be sleeping now since I have been up for hours, however after a long bath, two bottles of water, and 20 hours of wait time until our plane for Seattle takes off, I have some time to catch up.
The hotel in the airport is so nice, it really makes this trip less stressful when you can take a quick bath and catch up on some much needed Zzzz's.
As for our little one, he cracked us up. I really am afraid he will not remember us, but I will continue on and hope for the best. I keep feeling his turtle like body in my arms and against my chest. It is difficult to write those feelings now even and not want to have some emotion. Believe it or not, no tears have been shed yet, but as most people know I put on my game face until I get home. Now, for my hubby, well he teared up a bit when the airplane took off leaving Vlad, but I mean I could relate. I wanted too. It was so difficult to take off and know our little one was being left behind. I know he is in good hands though. Our doc says he looks good too. He did get a little small but expected. The most hilarious thing was today he wanted my hubby to walk him around the carpet about 22 times and by the end I am not sure who was more exhausted. It was quite hilarious, so less snuggle time and more active time. It looks like we are going to have a seriously active little one. I am just waiting until the first time we have to say "Niet". Ooooh, it could be a doozy, hehe. I can see he may take after me in what I want, I need now.
P.S. We got lots of smiles today and a couple of laughs. Oh and I love when he puts a little three huffs as a warning that he may cry unless you do something about it right now.
Anyways, if all goes well, we will be home late Saturday night.
Lots of love to everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi guys, CONGRATULATIONS. I just now figured out how to use this thing! I've been reading up on your adventure and it sounds WONDERFUL. I am glad you got to meet him...how EXCITIING! I hope all goes very well on your trip home. I know you will be anxious to return to pick him up. I think it's just fantastic.
Call me when you have rested a bit so we can chat.
love,
tia Vero