Friday, May 15, 2009

20 more hours to go to home

Hi all,

Well, we are still in the hotel in the airport. We have about 9 hours until we get on our plane.
Maybe pedicures, shopping, not sure yet what we are going to do.
We have been catching up on all of the world news through bbc. Very good.

Well, I am anxiously awaiting now to get back so I can watch our videos, probably totaling about 45 minutes of edited video time. Plus we have plenty of photos. It can be draining when I think about the fact we met him and had to leave but am hoping for a quick return. I do not want to lose out on so much of his growing.

I am however going to have to add to my wardrobe, lol. I think I was one of the few wearing mostly black and dark colors. Fashion is a huge hit there and it make us feel under dressed. They are beautifully dressed much like what you see on the magazine covers, red rain coats, highest of heals, while I was tumbling on a street with my almost flats, haha. Make up every day was a must in order to keep up. The city is beautiful in Vladivostok, very fast paced, and has a view of the ocean and islands. Flying into Korea was also a beautiful site as there were green islands all around bursting through the thick fog.

The Korean airport is so modern, white, prestine, and glass. Our hotel window over looks the shopping part and a couple of gates. We just had room service.

Once we get back it will be finishing paper work, doing medicals, getting the room really ready for him and buying up the necessary things we need now that we know what to get. Bring on the diapers, foods, and creating a room of use. YAY! I guess you could say that would be the fun part.

I am wondering since I have a feeling we will be having him sleep with us at the hotel once we return that he may get used to this. Trying to figure out what the limits are and how we will adjust to them. There will be so much to get to know about him and ourselves.

We are also having to get a small love seat for the downstairs. There is just to little togetherness without a small couch in our TV room. This way he can crawl up and be with us both. I also need to buy some soft soled shoes for him and get his outfits ready.

Oh well, so we will be busy when we return but at least we have a new goal now.

Obviously I am already thinking of my check list as I mention a few things here. I will also be bugging the mothers on the Russian board so I can get some more helpful hints for second trippers.

Our driver coordinator was so helpful when we were there. We were so lucky to have someone very laid back and yet very supportive. Oh what to get to say thank you to these great supporters.

Anyhow, more soon. Love to everyone.

1 comment:

Tanya and Don said...

I just want to throw out there - good luck with him sleeping with you! Sadly, Oliver was too used to sleeping in his crib and has yet (14 months later) to sleep in a bed with me. He just like his space. However, he always has allowed me to rock him to sleep and still loves it. Just want to prepare you for the possibility!