Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Our Official Acceptance of Your Referral

Well, today we just got back from the capital once again for another apostille. It was a long drive today as we realized just how BIG this is and just how PERFECT we need things to be to get to our little one successfully.
I have been on the phone continuously it seems the past couple of days from psychologists to accountants to agency and to medical doctors just to line up the paper work we will need.

Last night, we wrote an official letter of acceptance for our referral. We received a congratulations from our agency and then a "he won't be available for adoption for at least a month". I have to say, it scared me more than I have ever felt. It is so worrisome to know that although we have fallen in love with a little boy, tired ourselves out endlessly with paper work and trying to explain to professionals what we need, and thinking about the process over and over, nothing will be for sure until our court date, which could be two-three months away. A long time to be patient (or try to0) and a long time to work on trying to put our fear aside and look through the tunnel of optimism.

I guess for now, I will work on keeping busy, looking at the pictures, and getting what I need to done. Hope is all I can ask for right now.

I may be totally full of anxiety about flying on a 12 hour flight but I can't wait either....

No comments: