Thursday, March 12, 2009

For anyone who can relate...

I will share an experience recently as my husband and I totally broke down this week, both in tears. We almost gave up on Russia, not because we wanted to but because we have put out 25k already and it looks like with everything else, it could be another 30k and when we made this decision, it wasn't so difficult with the economy, now it is hell, let's face it.

So, we got all nervous and we could have transferred our monies to another country, Ukraine or what not but we would end up with a 3yr old etc.

Well, I made several calls that day, holding back tears and the last call that came back to me was this, "Breathe, just breathe. I know things are crazy right now but do you really want to change things as you are only 3rd on the list for boys and I am receiving referrals tomorrow, which could put you at 2nd or 1st in line. This means you have a little boy very soon coming to you."

Needless, to say I got off the phone, mouth dropped and felt like I was going to collapse in emotional exhaustion. My husband and I just looked at each other and I said, "I don't think we can give up now no matter how difficult it will be. He is almost with us and he is waiting for us."

Well, we are recovering and looking forward now and putting our minds in a different place. I guess the ups and downs are expected but WOW, they happen at unexpected times.

I give you ALL CREDIT as I think of all of you who have gone through this and are going through this as your strength, courage, is most admirable.

No comments: