Thursday, August 11, 2011

Vladivostok Motor Inn- It's a Small World

A simple, "Out of Order" sign on a dryer becomes a connection. Too funny.

It is a small world when months later after a trip to Russia we meet people who were residing in the the same Vlad Motor Inn. Not only do we meet them online, we find we will be working with them on the same passionate goals to help these children we left behind.

It is hilarious too when they mention they may have seen you in the breakfast nook. This made my day as I thought wow, the hotel is really quiet and there are really no other parents around and yet here we were all catching glimpses of one another.

I consider myself extremely social and will walk up to people I do not know and introduce myself, even when two people are eating breakfast in a small motor inn, most likely taking in the atmosphere and what they are going through emotionally. Haha, Stella! You were one I found.

Yes, I like to connect, share and smile at those who may be going through the same things my husband and I are working through and experiencing. Through these introductions, I have found either life long friends, those who I will remember forever and those who became family because we were brought together to sit and wait during the last bit of labor pains bringing our children back to our room and being their mom or dad for the very first time.

I will NEVER forget my girlfriend who is like my sister now who I sat and watched her nervously for hours! Yes, hours as she waited and waited to go pick up her children. Her face, her excitement, her nerves and her need to have the coordinator bring back our husbands so she could share these moments with him.

Life is insane when you think about the thousands of miles we travel only to find those who will be in our life or a passerby or someone who has touched us and our memories forever.

In short, if you see me, say hello as I will most likely have a smile on my face thousands of miles from home ;)

3 comments:

Steve and Stella said...

Hunter, I sure so recall when you spoke with us and it was so so nice as we were only on trip one and felt at time like we were the "rookies" but we were so so glad to see other families on trip #2 as it was true it does happen!!! As we well know we always think is it really going to happen? Are they really going to us a child???? Or is it just a dream? Anyway Great memories forever in the Vlad!!!!!! Hunter say hello to the Bunny room for us :-)
Also I know we will see each other again as we did oh my already a year ago in PA?!! Time fly and our little ones are growing full speed!!!!! LOL

Hunter and Michael said...

Yes, I plan on seeing you all again!

Our little boys are sooo adorable.

adidas nmd said...

nike air max95
nike kyrie 3
michael kors outlet
adidas stan smith
adidas stan smith uk
michael kors handbags sale
hermes belt
michael kors outlet store
michael kors outlet store
falcons jersey