Tuesday, June 9, 2009

3.5 Weeks back........


Well, well, well..................... 3.5 weeks since we have been back. The pic to the right is my still moment of realization.

(sigh)......I have learned so much about myself through this adoption. Number 1 item up, PATIENCE.

I never realized how much patience is required, not optioned, REQUIRED.
My mantra as some know is from one of my fav film's, "Serenity" and say this to myself about four times a day, "I am a leaf in the wind."

Why? Well, after I felt relief for about one day, following the turn in of my dossier 2, I have found there are needed updates for new legal documents plus a few dates, which should be updated. At first, I hyperventilated, well a tiny bit, then I screamed AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in my mind and then I said, "I am a leaf in the wind" and am now working on trying to get this done with hopes that after another notary and another drive to the capital, Russia will get it in another 2 weeks.

Has this put off my court date by like a month? The answer is yes. Is it difficult to watch my little, beautiful boy on the video my dh created? YES, I so WANT HIM NOW! Am I going to follow through and be a good little patient mother to be? YES, there is nothing else to do but follow through.

For all of you who are considering going through this or are in the process, coming from me, "little ol' learned to be patient one", once you see the picture of your little boy or girl, there is no return, you would jump through a ring of fire, knowing he or she is waiting for you, so keep your chin up, breathe, and march forward, oh and talk to the girls, any girl or guy who will listen and keep you going!
xoxo all!