Sunday, November 6, 2011

Transitions Coming Soon... Monday That Is

I am preparing myself as Monday will be our first transition day as a family of 4. My parents will have flown home and we will see what it is like to have our 2 boys, 2 big dogs, cats, fish and us all under one roof lol.

I have kept the mini man under his schedule, which helps. 2pm nap and 9pm bedtime.

Funny story: So we took mini man to the mall with his brother and my parents. Inside the play area, there were parents sitting watching their kids play, eating and drinking. My mother had to run after mini man quite a few times due to the fact he was trying to eat their food and even attempted to steal a warm pretzel from one Mama. (Looking like we starve him or something lol) Well, he got his first taste of the Wetzel Pretzel. Being gluten free myself, I watched him down 6 pretzel nuggets happily and one Starbucks apple juice on the rocks.

He is for sure fitting into the lifestyle here in Seattle.

Mini Man, despite almost 2 years of age in January prefers his food in liquid style. (Ick) As he would like us to basically puree everything from veggies to cereal. My mother has spoiled him with making oatmeal and milk in a liquidy state so he can drink it up. Again, ick but today we went and picked up his cereal from a Russian grocers, some enfamil and some Zoo animals crackers from Russia. He is lovin' life at the Booth's residence.

Hilariously, he will sit in my arms and I tell him to put his head down on my shoulder pushing gently and he does, then he pops his head up with this huge smile as a funny. Not so funny when he should be in bed but I can't help but turn my head and silently laugh to myself of how good he is at turning on the charm. Both of my boys are heading down the road of figuring out how to get what they need in the world with a few smiles, sparkly eyes and some stylin' fashion.

My mother bought the boys some new winter wear at Nordy's and Alexei promptly after trying on 4 pairs of shoes, walking around in them and deciding on one, brought his goods home to share with his Papa.

He now has a new winter coat, 3 long sleeves, socks, 1 pair of gray ugg boots, 1 pair of converse, new hat and a couple pairs of jeans.

Mini man has a few new hats, pants, socks, London onesies, jeans and some stylin' green kicks my mother picked out.

If anyone thought girls were more expensive, try two boys into fashion and their own looks.

For example: My Alexei has pleaded with me to get his hair cut this weekend. I mean pleaded. When walking in the mall hand in hand, we passed a salon and he said, "Mama, isn't that where we get our hair cuts?" And I said, "No, but they do hair there." "Can I get a hair cut please?" LOL, what happened to my boys??!!

Starbucks, Fashion, Style, Dancing Sing- a -holics and Film Critics. Well, guess they are 2 Euro American infusions of sorts.

Oh and should I mention that Ewan keeps getting mistaken for a girl?? Beyond the gushing and I mean, he must have a major big ego now after all of the women were all over him from one end of the mall to the other, some women thought of him as a very cute girl LOL.

Oh and when Alexei made his Christmas list, he said to me, "And I want the kitchen most because I will make you coffee Mama and lunch for Papa." The boy sure knows us well ;)