Thursday, July 14, 2011

More Paperwork corrections....

This week has been one of those challenging times in an adoption where you have to hold tight and just work on getting the things done asked of you while also keeping your emotions in check.

This time around in this adoption, I am also running around after a three year old, which makes me wonder why I ever complained last time haha, kidding, every experience is different.

My mother is visiting from out of town and this is the first week she has been here since Christmas and what happens? I end up having to drive to the capital while she and my son tag along all day Monday, then over night a package to the agency, feeling half way relieved that our papers were off to court, I receive a call Wednesday morning with another correction needed and another drive down to the capital on Friday day with my son and mother. I think with the stress of having to change plans and stay on top of the adoption, it can take a toll on the emotions, no doubt.

And then there is the moment where I should just let things go and breathe and get through as this is a means to an end.

All in the same moment, I am dealing with our neighbors dogs who have broken through our fence 3x in the last week. This will be fixed with us buying lattice for the entire fenced area as a secondary layer.

I have also decided that this was the week to pull my entire closet apart and get organized before our little girl comes home. With lots of clothes to give away, I have now made even larger messes.

We may not be back to Russia for another 6 weeks or so, having said this, I am tug boat carrying around the rest of the baggage before unloading at the dock and getting ready to take another journey.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, maybe it is the rural kid in me, or maybe you are just nicer, but seems like a beebee gun to the butt would be a more satisfying way to deal with the dog/fence issue.

The dog's butt, that is.

I'm kidding!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

hey hunter - what a bummer about the paperwork - i am so sorry to hear that; glad you had good company for the drive 2x to the capital at least to help keep your little guy busy while you dealt with apostilles, etc... hang in there -- hopefully the time will blink quickly AND it will be sooner than 6 weeks before you go...
Amy

Hunter and Michael said...

lol Sandy, my husband's hand actually fractured trying to keep the dog in the right yard. It has been crazy.

Thanks Amy. Yes, now I am re-organizing my entire house in preparation for the home coming so keeping busy.

adidas nmd said...

true religion jeans
kobe basketball shoes
nike huarache
huarache shoes
yeezy boost 350
air max thea
michael kors handbags
adidas neo
cheap jordans
chrome hearts