Thursday, April 7, 2011

Our Referral!!!!

The Call:

Alexei is saying, “Mama, tacos, tacos Mama.” So I am driving into a taco place for us to eat lunch. I get out of the car and my phone rings and I see who it is and I think, “Oh no, what did I do wrong in my paper work?” My wonderful coordinator says to me, “We have a baby girl for you!” And I just went, “No way! This is a joke right?” As if, what a cruel joke that would be haha.

Needless to say, my little guy did not get his tacos at that place. I had to get back in the car and let my coordinator know I had to call Michael first before I hear much more. Of course, Michael is back at the office with a huge emergency meltdown of some sort and he has to get it fixed so he is no where to be reached and I am with this heavy news wanting to tell anyone.

Alexei hears sister but his mind is on the “tacos” so we hit the Taco Bell drive thru, “Sorry Alexei” and while I am in the drive thru, Michael calls. The guy says, $2.32, well there was no way I could eat after hearing that news, my stomach was turning, all good but in a way of just pure shock and adrenaline. The guy at the drive thru says to me, “Sorry maam, you gave me the wrong card.” FLUSTERED I was handing him a card that was not about money LOL and it looked like I had tears in my eyes so he just smiled and I said, “I'm so sorry, I just heard amazing news, be patient with me.” LOL. Anyone who knows me well knows I will strike a conversation up with just about anyone.

Poor Michael is sitting there on the other end in the middle of his stress and he is like, “I am not surprised. Anytime we think something else is going to happen, it goes the opposite.” lol. He is calm, annoyingly calm but I understand why.

I end up calling people, no one is available. I felt like I had news to share and no one to share it with. So, mothers I know you know what I am talking about when your whole physical self feels like it is going to explode with what the heck just happened?! I sat in my car in the drive way, then stood on the outside, realizing the first two people to really hear all of the news were my neighbors who happen to be standing there who I do not know well. YUP, they got an ear full. Poor ladies. LOL.

So, in the last 25 hours, I have had a referral, a full medical consultation, a referral acceptance, travel packet and have barely stopped to be able to write this little tale of what happened.

Lesson learned: When you think something is going to go one way, better be prepared for a change of plans.

That's all I can say for now..... :)

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats!!

Gloria said...

Yeah! Congrats! So happy for all four of you!

Kris said...

so happy for you guys! what a whirlwind, but that is life, always catches you by surprise! Cannot wait to hear more about your little russian princess!!
So exciting going from a family of three to family of 4. Look forward to watching the rest of your journey unfold.

Todd and Jana said...

WOW! So excited for you guys!!

Shelly and Steve said...

Wow VERY exciting!!! I can't wait to hear more. I wish you all the best as you move forward. I hope its a relatively smooth journey.

amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am soooooooooooo excited for y'all!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

HI, Michelle -I followed your first journey and am so excited to hear about your new referral! really awesome news and can't wait to follow along to see her come home to you!!!

adidas nmd said...

jordans for cheap
yeezy shoes
links of london sale
michael kors outlet
atlanta falcons jersey
chrome hearts outlet
adidas yeezy boost
adidas stan smith women
nike air max
speedcross