Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Kids Say the Funniest Things....

Alexei: That's my sisters room.
(pointing to a photo)
Mama: Yes, it is.
Alexei: I love it!

________________

Alexei: No, I want those shoes.
Mama: Today, you have to wear these. It is cold outside.
Alexei: But I want those shoes, they are cooler.

________________


Conversation in regard to his babysitter
Alexei: I need the phone.
Mama: Why do you need the phone?
Alexei: I must call Juliya.
Mama: You will see her tomorrow.
Alexei: I must call Juliya. (I must not be understanding him ;))
Mama: Use your Elmo phone.
Two minutes later.
Alexei: Hello. Juliya? Yes, I must see you now so we can play. Come over. Bye bye.
A minute later he approaches me.
Alexei: Mama, you need to open the door, Juliya is here to play with me.


________________


Last night, no idea where or how he knew.
Alexei: Mama, I want to sit with you.
In bed getting ready to sleep.
Mama: It is bed time. You need to go to sleep.
Alexei: I want to sit with you. (I must be forgetful you see, he repeats the same thing a lot).
Mama: Okay, come on.
He pulls the covers up and look at me.
Alexei: Mama has boo boo on her shoulder?
Mama: Yes, Alexei but how did you know?
Alexei: Mama has boo boo on her shoulder you see.


_________________

Driving and leaving the house, we pass our regular coffee stop.
Alexei: Mama, I need my coffee now.
Mama: Alexei, you had hot cocoa already and I have had my coffee.
Alexei: I really feel like I need some coffee, you know, I really think so.
Mama: Listen to some music. Rock it out.
Alexei dancing in seat to some alternative song.
Alexei: Mama! Mama!
Mama:Yes?
Alexei: Stop at store, I need hot pockets.
Mama: We have some at home.
Alexei: No, I need hot pockets.

__________________

Discussing the television.
Alexei: Mama, I want to watch Pumpkin Jack please.
Mama: Maybe after lunch.
Alexei: Here is remote.
Mama: That is not the right remote.
Alexei: Here is remote. (he is now bringing me the 2nd remote)
Mama: I need another remote.
Alexei: Here it is Mama. (He has now brought me the 3rd remote)
Mama: I need the volume remote.
Alexei: Ok. (He runs looking and amazingly find the last remote. Honestly universal should really be the answer)
Alexei: I found it! Pumpkin Jack. Pumpkin Jack.
Mama: I don't have the move down here. (2 minutes later, Alexei is standing in front of me with the dvd. Sigh)
Alexei: Here is the movie. (looking at me hopeful)
Mama: Give me a second Alexei to finish this. (working on computer)
Background: "This is Halloween, this is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, in this town we call home...." Alexei is now singing the song as he dances around holding onto the dvd case.

_________________

A sampling of two year old conversations with my son. Some may be short and sweet, others very long and repetitive, but most of all, when it comes to every day conversation with my son, it can be quite hilarious.

4 comments:

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

HI, Hunter-
been following you, i honestly forget when I started but sometime early on in Alexei's path! anyway, excited you are on round 2... and love the chats... kids DO say the funniest things and i love that you do not get frustrated, rather go along with him and/or re-direct him in a playful way! lucky kid! cheers, amy

Hunter and Michael said...

Hi Amy,

Yes, we are really excited about round 2. It should get very interesting around here with 2 children lol.
Frustration when it comes to conversing with Alexei is a waste of time haha, no point as he will continue if you act like you are busy even more ;) So, we just go along and talk like we are having tea with conversation. Every day he amazes me.
I just think little LM is SO CUTE. Love the curls. I think Ashton is adorable too. We have 2 large dogs and my inlaws have an 85lb lab in Toronto.
I feel for our older dog though, he is often a horse for Alexei.

Steve and Stella said...

too cute

adidas nmd said...

jordan shoes
yeezy boost
michael jordan shoes
nike zoom
air max 95
yeezy boost
adidas nmd r1
クロムハーツ
cheap jordans