Thursday, April 23, 2009

Almost to Trip 1!

Hi All-
Well, we are on countdown now to our first trip. We leave in two weeks. YAY! Now for travel tips if anyone has any. We are slowly getting things ready. Today, we go for some vaccines. I picked up some good bars to take with us. Going to go get some updated travel gear this weekend. Ahh, and what to wear? Lol, so working on lots of things this week and next. And oh my goodness, while running around, it just dawned on me, I hadn't gotten my fingerprints done yet. Aargh! Just when you think you have it all together. My Michael, Dad to be, is having a difficult time sleeping. He is so ready to go and meet his future son. I told him, "Hon, we aren't even to the really difficult waiting part, slow down."
We had a wonderful baby shower for the Canada and local group here in Washington. It is beautifully done, cocktail party, blue and black decor and the cake was fricken' amazing!!!! OMG, polka dots, baby on top wrapped in a blanket, a white sheet cover and yummy carrot cake mix.
Thank you all for the perfectly chosen gifts. I have already put the twinkly turtle constellation in the middle of his room. It is SO COOL. And I have the lamb near my bed as the ocean sounds take me to sleep, haha. Logan will have it when he gets here.
Off to my International consultation appointment!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hi, I stumbled onto your blog somewhere down the line and have been following along. I'm so happy to hear your out of here soon to meet your little guy, CONGRATULATION!!! I have a Logan also who was adopted 2 1/2 yrs ago from Prokopyevsk, Russia

A couple tips for travel is pack 1/2 of what you think you need :0) and if you are traveling outside of Moscow and you have a long layover in Moscow get a day room so you can take a nap and a shower before heading onto your region. It was the best thing we did on our 1st and 2nd trip. Oh and bubbles were a HUGE hit.

Again Congratulations and I can't wait to read all about your meeting, so exciting!!!

Dawn