Monday, July 6, 2009

I Can't Wait

I can't wait
to see you take your first steps on your own
to see you crawl on the floor
to see you pat the dog on the head
for you to be licked by your big, furry brother
for you to laugh uncontrollably
for you to see something for the first time
to see the crinkle of your nose when you have tasted something you don't like
to see you fall into a heavy sleep after a long day
to be there when you wake up in the middle of the night
to pick you up when you fall down
to give you a hug when you need one
to hold your hand walking across the street
to watch you look around during your first trip to Disneyland
to see you open your first Christmas gift
to watch you dance when we put on a silly song
to cuddle with you on a rainy day
I simply can't wait and yet this list could go on for the ages

The day I realized I was capable of such mushiness, I accepted the fact I am so ready.