Thursday, July 30, 2009

Had One of Those Weeks


You know when you find yourself sitting for a moment and asking, "Did I really just get through this last week?" This is the question I have asked myself today following an early morning, a hundred degree thermometer in my car, sun barreling into the windows, loud pumping up type music on, lots of slow traffic and a five hour drive to go down to the Capital of Washington to get my last updates apostilled and suddenly, "Oh no, that really doesn't say a five right? Oh no, oh no, aaargh". Following the realization of the fact that the wrong number had been placed on my paper work and I need to drive all the way home to have it re-done, notarized the second time and drive back down to the capital to get it apostilled again, well that incident felt like the cherry on top.

Don't get me wrong, it has been a good week, just one of those weeks where you are spinning so fast, it seems like no matter how much you try to get it to stop, one more thing pops up.

Also for any of those who need just a bit of luck?!
Read below:
As you all know we have been going through this seriously extensive, why we always choose the most difficult journey in our life path to adoption and as many of you know, it is exhausting, stressful, emotional, beauracratic, costly, .... only to bring home the one true love both you and your husband share.
So, as you can imagine desperate times call for various types of actions.

I have often heard if you plant lavender by your front door, it can bring you luck. Hold on to your suspenders people, because either it is a deep coincidence or the lavender surely can't hurt, however this is how the week began spinning.
With over 30 hours of work to complete in 3 days, out of town guests probably hoping they could have done more with their time (I tried), last minute medical updates for adoption, a husband going through serious work hours and stress, 103 historic temperatures in our area, no AC, stores have run out of fans, pockets of brush fires burning where one can smell the incense of wood, our 4 leggeds panting and needing consistent mistings, our fish tank having to be set up again in a timely manner, and watching two houses while our wonderful friends are away, well, all I can say is, I sit here 6 days in from planting the lavender and rosemary and realize, "wow, maybe it does work" because even though it seems like a crazy week, which many of you have had, there is a lot of good that came out of those days.

And believe it or not, if Logan was here, I would have been worrying about trying to get a hotel when they were mostly sold out and I do not think I would have felt comfortable with him being in such a hot atmosphere with no cooling so maybe things do work out the way they are supposed to even when we can't understand why.




So, I guess I've made my point and if any of you need a bit o'luck, maybe try planting lavender and rosemary. I am off to take care of more paper work.






1 comment:

Shelly and Steve said...

Hi! I just came across your blog. We just returned from Vlad last week from our first trip and are now in the middle of lots of PAPERWORK so we can try for a speedy return, thought I'm guessing Nov. We're in So Cal and love our Disneyland passes :o) Maybe in a year our Vlad kiddos can meet there!