Monday, January 16, 2012

It Has Been A While But Here It Goes......

I often write about Super Woman, mostly because I feel all of as women tend to juggle more than we can often handle but we do it with style and we make it through. We are stronger than we think even when life puts us to the test.

Super Woman fell this week, beaten down by too many of life's tests and challenges. Michael and I this February have been together for 12 years, 10 years married and we have been through so much but the last 3 months has proven to be incredibly difficult and complex. We have lost family friends, will lose another very close family friend and best friend in the coming months to cancer, lost our daughter in Russia, gained a son, went through a very personal loss, spent a long 6 weeks in Russia and many more issues all in the time period of returning from Russia in November, family visits, holidays and this past weekend was our first weekend to just breathe.

As we reflect and move forward in this year 2012, which we gratefully said goodbye to 2011, we think about where it will lead us and how we will become stronger.

Our new son from Russia is doing quite well. As most of you know he was a 6-9 month sizing for a 2 year old. He is now 12 month, going on 18 months and has gained 5 lbs in the last 3 months and grown 3.5 inches during this time period. It is amazing how well he has done. He loves his sleep due to all of his growth and is slowly being okay with a brother although he threw the first punch.

We are rolling towards the end of our transition period and becoming more used to having 2 boys. They are energetic, keep going every second of the day and are currently in competition to see who can get the most attention from us. In fact, my Alexei often likes to pretend he is Ewan. Aye, aye, aye.

When it comes to Russian Adoption, I highly recommend leaning a bit on other parents for advice and just to feel normal. I do not often ask for help, hold my cards tightly to my chest and feel that I, Super Woman can do it all on my own. Well, it didn't work out this past week and I finally broke down hard. I will get back on my feet and move forward but for those of you who are in the early stages, in the midst or transitioning, we are here for you!!! Reach out and don't try to be the ultra I got it all together type. It just doesn't always work out. You are not alone.

4 comments:

Kelley said...

Thanks for all of your honesty! I know before I know it I will be rereading your posts and telling myself I will be able to be a superwomen and survive too. I hope 2012 is a much better year for you all. Either way know we are here for you and your family if there is anything we can do!

Steve and Stella said...

Hunter, so sorry to read all what happened in 2011 on top of what we know you already went thru. I sure hope 2012 will be better for the 4 of you. YEs my friend even Super woman at time can't be strong and that is okay .. that is what actually make you strong to at time feel weak. So yes don't feel like you are alone and don't ever forget so many of us are only a phone call away so do not hesitate as we all going thru the same in these beautiful adventure. :-) Hunter your family is beautiful and you and Michael are doing a great job and you both deserve at time to take it easier .. again never hesitate to contact me via phone if needed. YOu take care and somehow (not sure how LOL) try to get some rest!!!!!!!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

Such a crazy time, it's amazing when re-counted in such detail how much you survived; which speaks volumes to your relationship.... i hear fully what you are saying.. the transition from 1 to 2 has been a nutty experience.... SOOO awesome how clearly little E is thriving!!! you guys, amidst all that you are recovering from, are doing a lovely job with him... and thanks for the reminder -- it does help at times to know we are not alone! hope you get some rest!

adidas nmd said...

michael kors outlet
longchamp outlet
christian louboutin shoes
air jordan retro
michael kors outlet
yeezy boost 350
true religion
air jordan shoes
nike air force 1
timberland uk