Thursday, January 21, 2010

A New Year 2010



Hope everyone had a great holiday! Ours was so busy, I was wondering whether I was really awake for it all. Toronto was pretty and snowy, however the airport was a whole other issue. I love how Conan O'Brien puts it, once u have kids, going through an airport with dignity is the past and he goes on to talk about juice boxes flying everywhere and keeping track of his two kids. No kidding I say. By the time, I strip Alexei down, strip myself down with him in my arms, fold up the stroller, I am lucky I haven't broken into a sweat. It is a great workout.

Just finished our first post placement.
It was pretty easy. The SW came in for 2 hours, talked to us and left.

Now it is time for his 3rd doctors appointment next week and circumcision in 3 weeks. I guess the circumcision they say will be a whole day at the hospital. My husband will be with him I am guessing and I will have to wait outside. A whole month I am told until he is back to normal. February should be interesting.

Alexei had his first haircut. Did very well. Only screamed at the end when his hair was prickling him in the back under his shirt. That took two minutes to fix.

1 comment:

Shane & Marie said...

Ok, he has been home this long and just now had his first haircut??? Lucky you. Bryson's hair has to be trimmed every 2 weeks so I have learned to cut it on my own.

Oh you are so right about the airport. It's worse when the daddy isn't traveling with you to help. Been there, done that.